Floors from Top Only
*Please Note: PhoneStar was previously branded as Phonewell
Concrete floor soundproofing with PhoneStar acoustic insulation is an easy task and gives excellent results at reducing both airborne sound and impact sound through solid floors. This system will surpass building regulations for sound and it will only reduce room height by 15mm. This system is very popular for reducing noise coming up from the flat or apartment below as well as reducing footstep noise that may be going down into the apartment below. This option is used when there is only access to the floor above and not to the ceiling below. For other options please see Soundproofing Floors.
15mm FLOATING LAYER on CONCRETE FLOOR
Popular for Remedial and Refurbishment projects. Choose where there is only access to the floor above and no access to the ceiling below e.g. in apartment dwellings.
CONSTRUCTION from TOP DOWN – CONCRETE or SOLID FLOOR
- Finished floor surface or top-deck
- 15mm PhoneStar Sound Insulation
- Solid concrete floor
Materials List: (available from our stockists)
- PhoneStar Acoustic Insulation on Floor (1200mm x 800mm x 15mm)
- PhoneStar Eco-tape (50mm x 50M)
Please download the full installation instructions for concrete floor soundproofing before commencing work:
Brief Instructions: (have you considered Flanking Noise?)
1. Treat new concrete floors with a damp proof membrane.
2. Ensure the floor is clean, dry and sufficiently level.
3. Begin in one corner and lay the PhoneStar boards on the sub-deck, butted tightly up to the perimeter walls. Do not screw or nail the boards down.
4. Butt each PhoneStar board up tightly to each other and do not leave any gaps between or around the PhoneStar layer. Lay in a brickwork formation if possible. See Cutting and Taping PhoneStar.
5. Install the finished floor surface as per Fitting Floor Coverings over PhoneStar.
6. Fit skirting boards ensuring no contact with the floor – leave a 2mm gap.